Activity: 'Tie One On' Ribbon Activity
To bring awareness by tying a white SADD ribbon to the antenna of vehicles. The ribbon serves as a reminder and discussion point about the dangers of impaired driving.
- You can order your FREE roll of SADD ribbon from our Store (see below).
- Other resources required for this event are cost effective – construction paper, paper, pens, pencil crayons, etc. It does not have to be elaborate and the messages can even be hand written for additional impact.
- Have some of your SADD students cut the ribbon into 12" - 16" lengths
- Tie the ribbons onto antennas or back passenger door handles on vehilces in your school's parking lot.
- Additionally you can leave a message under the windshield wiper of the vehicles as well.
- This activity can be done in conjunction with other SADD activities.
TIPS for a Successful ACTIVITY
- Consider doing a community ribboning blitz. Chose a location like a shopping mall, local business, etc.
- Make sure you have the required permissions, and tie ribbons onto the parked vehicles.