- To have students create messaging in their class and discuss the dangers of drugged, drunk and distracted driving.
- SADD's goal is to share some of these great designs with the rest of the province!
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- This is a great activity for any students and we encourage all classes to participate!
- We invite ALBERTA students in grades 10-12 to submit their video PSAs to SADD Alberta for web distribution.
TOPICS & THEMES
Videos submitted to SADD should focus on one of the following topics:
- Drinking & Driving (Alcohol-impaired)
- Drugged Driving
- Distracted Driving
Suggested video themes could include:
- Dangers, risks, consequences
- Social situations, peer pressures
- Education/awareness (i.e. laws)
- Methods for prevention
- Emotions / people who may be affected
We encourage students to be as creative as possible, but some points that may prevent the distribution of their video include:
- Depicting underage consumption of alcohol or drugs.
- Use of weapons
- Foul language or images in poor taste
- Use or depiction of specific brand names
- Use of any copyrighted material
If you have any questions about any of the criteria, feel free to drop us a line!
- Submissions to SADD Alberta should generally only be 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length.
- Final submissions should be high resolution.
- Please ensure no copyrighted material is used (including audio)
- Good candidates for distribution should:
- - Be high resolution
- Have a message that is easy to comprehend
- Video submission should be through file sharing (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).
- Contact us for details.
- As this is an ongoing/open call for video submissions, there are no deadlines or cut-offs for submitting videos.
- It's always a great time for this class project.
THE FINE PRINT
- SADD Alberta reserves the right to distribute or not redistribute any submission.
- Submitting a design to SADD Alberta does not in any way guarantee it will be distributed.
- Any documents/files submitted to or shared with SADD Alberta become the property of SADD Alberta.
- SADD Alberta reserves the right to re-post or share any design submitted or shared with them on any social media platform.
- Any students depicted in the video will need to complete the "Media Release Form" (see below for form).
- SADD Alberta reserves the right to edit or modify any submission.
- Submissions selected for distribution must be completed by a student attending a school in the province of Alberta.